· 2 cups all-purpose flour
· 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
· 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
· 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
· 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
· 1/4 cup margarine, softened
· 1 cup white sugar
· 1 egg
· 3/4 cup orange juice
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in orange zest, cranberries, and pecans. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugar, and egg until smooth. Stir in orange juice. Beat in flour mixture until just moistened. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until the bread springs back when lightly touched. Let stand 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Wrap in plastic when completely cool.
Trust me on this one..it is the best. I used frozen cranberries, just cook about 8 to 10 minutes longer.
Wrote a along blah blah email to my sisters and Mom...about time.
I think I told them every family secret and every thought I have had for the last two weeks.
Is there anything as precious as family? I think not.